The Crockett Heritage Trail© has been created to be more than a physical passageway for interpreting the life and times of David Crockett. During his lifetime, Crockett traversed and impacted the lives of people in what is now 21 different states! This includes Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, and Virginia. By following in the footsteps of this extraordinary pioneer and statesman, you will be immediately connected to those individuals, events, and historic sites that are all part of what we call the "Crockett Century", from 1760 to 1860. By following the periods prior to David's birth in 1786 and after his death at the Alamo in 1836, we are able to comprehend the creation of our unique Republic, the dramatic events and conflicts that either divided or united us, and the enduring principles that have managed to hold this American experiment together. David Crockett's life was conducted at the fulcrum of this era where he became a participant and national symbol of the American frontier expansion.
And so it begins...
NATIVE SUN PRODUCTIONS in partnership with the STATE OF TENNESSEE has initiated the following:
1. Installed Native Sun's specially edited videos from their award-winning History Channel documentary, “Boone & Crockett: The Hunter Heroes”, and multiple site-specific interpretive murals for 10 significant CHT© locations.
• Designate primary Crockett sites that will be immediately empowered and improved.
• Establish credibility, community interest and new energy.
• Strong statement for requesting future regional support.
• Plan to reconfigure media into evolving future platforms.
• Share information/goals, resources, potential alliances, networking, and outside funding.
• Develop a clear channel for creating professional, efficient results, setting the standard with various departments.
• Native Sun Productions is a primary source for all things "Crockett”" including Design, Multi-Media, Graphics, Events, Research Material, and Interpretation.
2. Create an Environment that will enrich and expand the story of David Crockett and his era (1760-1860):
• Develop/design consistent professional quality for interpretation and presentation (art, media, literature).
• Establish and nurture environment for thinking outside the box, reshape/refine the product.
• Reinvent with renewed vision, and getting beyond old pop culture stereotypes of Crockett and his era.
3. Create exciting new products for The Crockett Heritage Trail©:
• Superior designs for Heritage Tourism professionals and world travelers.
• CHT© sanctioned artwork, video, music, graphic design, website, viral marketing, QR Codes.
• New Living History Events, Performances, and Festivals.
4. Development of The Crockett Heritage Trail© Interpretive Program:
• Training storytellers, living history reenactors, museum staff on the art of engaging the visitor.
• Placing developing talent into key professional roles and sites.
• Creating a talent pool of quality interpreters to become paid emissaries for the state.
5. The Crockett Heritage Trail© Signature Projects:
• Supporting / aiding relevant historic sites, trails, and museums with cross-promotions, events and advertising.
• Erecting important statues / monuments related to “The Crockett Century” (1760-1860).
• CHT© Traveling Exhibit.
• CHT© Specialty License Plate.
• CHT© branding and signage / historic markers.
• CHT© signature events featuring celebrities, authors, musicians, historic sites, etc.
• CHT© partnerships with travel industry leaders and businesses.
6. The Lion of the West Forum© - The Lifestyle of American Exceptionalism:
• "Go Ahead!" Leadership Program© - Learn how to become a better American citizen, parent, teacher, student.
• Survival skills, living in nature, appreciating and protecting the planet, sustainability.
• The Art of Individual Responsibility.
The Benefits of The Crockett Heritage Trail© Summary:
• Immediately addresses many pressing needs for interpretation.
• Takes a widely famous character and attracts international attention.
• Refreshes the story and character to make it engaging for all demographics.
• Allows the Crockett story to expand and support other eras, locations, and subjects.
• Provides a greater palette of superior resources and networking for all levels of development.
• Profoundly advances Tennessee's standing by building on the private/public relationship.
• Creates excitement and momentum for communities of all sizes and regions in Tennessee.
• CHT© extends Tennessee's story into many other states (e.g., The TN/TX connection).
• Supports history, education, tourism, commerce.
• Creates a strong sense of Uniqueness.